Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice For Moving My Test Date

pmort1pmort1 Core Member
edited February 2021 in February 2021 LSAT 7 karma

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could possibly provide some advice for the situation that I am in. I am scheduled to take the LSAT this weekend and I have been preparing since October.

Two weeks ago, I was out for a run and I slipped and hit my head. I sustained a concussion and I have not studied since as I am still experiencing symptoms. I have documented the concussion/symptoms with my doctor.

At this rate, I know that I am not in the best position to do well on the exam and I probably will not be taking it.

Given the circumstances, will the LSAC allow me to move my test date to the April exam free of charge?

Has anyone else had a similar circumstance where they were not able to take the LSAT due to a medical reason?

Comments

• qs2159qs2159 Member
    342 karma

There is a chance just give LSAC a call! I know ppl who changed date for free due to medical reasons.

• 1952 karma

first, i'm very sorry to hear that. hope you recover swiftly!

i heard that lsac is waiving the $125 rescheduling fee for texas residents whose ability to take the feb lsat might be impacted due to the storm. i think you also have a legitimate reason. call them and ask. good luck!

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

Yes you should call and reschedule, it's highly likely they'll reschedule for free despite being past the deadline. I caught covid before the January exam after the deadline had passed and they have a one time waiver for last minute date changes.

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Call LSAC. I hope you get better soon. A possible concussion can be pretty serious.

• kerenaaakerenaaa Member
    49 karma

And call again if the first rep says no/you have to pay the fee. Take care!