Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Loophole Users: How do you verify the accuracy of your CLIRs drills?

FautApprendreLSAT1FautApprendreLSAT1 Core Member
edited February 2021 in Logical Reasoning 314 karma

I am wondering if I'm doing mine correctly. My assumption is that once it "clicks," I can self-correct. But I might be wrong so I'm wondering how those of you that used the Loophole checked your drills for accuracy?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

This comes up from time to time because there aren't any "answers" beyond what the book gives you. Try it like the translation drills... eventually (once you exhaust the explanations in the book) you'll have to just take the time to review your understanding of the question and determine if it was adequate, and what can be improved. As far as the specific "drill", the main point is that you are able to recognize the types of stimulus and what to do for each one... the drill is kind of like a heuristic to facilitate that process—if you see this, then do this. It works, but I think the end goal is not be like, "I see a claim that is supported, so conclusion... this is an argument, so I need a loophole," but to be able to recognize what kind of stimulus you are in, actively read, and come up with strategies on the fly.

• FautApprendreLSAT1FautApprendreLSAT1 Core Member
    314 karma

@canihazJD Right, the book even emphasizes that the goal is to basically have the process become intuitive and not mechanical to the point of reciting the steps in one's head. I just started practicing the "drill" so I'll keep at it for a few more sections and hope for the best. Thank you for your input!