Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To anyone who has used a 5th attempt, tips?

emmorensemmorens Core Member
edited February 2021 in General 1470 karma

Hey all! This is a vulnerable post for me to make so I'd appreciate no judgment, just constructive advice!

I have really struggled with the LSAT and it has made me question my capabilities of attending law school. I am an incredibly driven person which is why I'm not giving up on my law school dreams, but upon entering a fifth attempt I know I need to be strategic about the way I approach it.

My past scores are:
1) 146 (Nov 2019)
2) Cancelled (Jan 2020) - I'm pretty upset about this one now that I'm going to need to utilize a 5th take. I tried to appeal to get another attempt. Long story short I have a permanent medical condition and my endocrinologist switched my dosage causing severe stomach cramps DURING the exam... she wrote a doctors note but LSAC still rejected it; if anyone has had success with appeals for another attempt please don't hesitate to PM me.
3) 151 (February 2020)
4) 150 (January 2021) - my latest and greatest disaster (not that it's a bad score - for anyone who is scoring there now - but I had worked for a year to push past an early plateau and had finally gotten to a place where I was consistently scoring high 150s/low 160s. I was absolutely devastated to find out that I had scored worse than I did a year ago.)

Going into June I know I've done the hard part (increasing my score from my first diagnostic which was a 142). After studying for this exam for nearly 2 years, I decided to take a plunge and speak with my family doctor who prescribed me beta blockers for performance anxiety. I will be practicing with them each time I take a test until June.

I would love to hear from others who achieved their goal score on a fifth attempt or simply had to take one and was nervous about the pressures of it. I would also love to hear from anyone who has had success using beta blockers.

I tend to put a lot of pressure on situations, which I think is what causes me to set myself up for failure. Ultimately, while this will be an important exam for me I am trying not to put the weight of the world on it but instead focus on doing the absolute best that I can.

Thanks to anyone that took the time to read this or comment, it means the world to me to have a safe space like 7Sage.

Best of luck studying.