Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Flex Testing Day Setup

Hey guys, this may have been previously covered but I am curious to hear about test day experiences in terms of signing in to ProctorU and the LSAC Hub. Did you just sign in to ProctorU and receive instructions from the test proctor before starting the exam. Does your exam start exactly at the assigned start time? I suppose just logistically how do you go about signing in to bother ProctorU and the LSAC Hub come test day and any advice for clearing out room prior to the test. Good luck everyone and thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

You should sign in to proctoru a little before your scheduled time. It’s a good idea to plug your laptop in, get your paper and pencils set up, and make sure to test your system requirements. If you use a mouse, don’t forget to put that on the desk as well (unlike me lol). Also you’ll need an official ID.

At your scheduled time, you will have the ability to click the begin button in proctoru or whatever it is called, and once you click it, you will begin your set up and connect with your proctor. You’ll have to show front and back of your paper, in your ears, 360 of your room, the floor, and use a mirror or the front camera of a smart phone to show your laptop screen (ie that it has no post its or anything). You turn off your phone and place it away from you. Personally, I asked my proctor how my webcam looked, like if they could see me well when I bent over to write (as if in LG) and clarified what was ok before the exam so my test wasn’t interrupted for any reason.

Another thing is, stay calm. I lost internet during my first lsat and fortunately I was doing LG so you can sometimes keep working things out (I’m not sure I noticed right away I lost it). Idk if I lost time or not because it was a very quick blip, but even though it was probably seconds, it was the worst jump scare to look up and see the WiFi message. But you just have to try to keep taking the exam based off what you know in your head, which I did & my proctor didn’t say anything about it. (Second exam that I took went smoothly with no internet disconnect). Just keep calm and do what you can while you can. Let yourself decide at the end of the section if you think your exam was “ruined” or cancel (or purchase score preview... I didn’t because I figured I’d keep no matter what & could always write an addendum about it if needed, after testing again). Push that anxiety for after the exam.

Hope this helps!

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

To clarify, if you lose internet during the exam, you need to follow certain steps if it’s longer than a moment, but I was hoping and praying the WiFi was going to reconnect on its own very quickly which it did.