Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT-Flex Assistance: Computer Loan

bananabobananabo Core Member
edited February 2021 in General 1211 karma

I just requested assistance with LSAC to get a computer loan for April’s test and was wondering if anyone had experience with this? How many days in advanced do I get the loaner before my test date and would I need to download any software required by ProctorU, or would it already be set up for me? Also, would I be able to take a PT on the loaner before test day in order to get familiar with using it?

Comments

• jentuck83jentuck83 Core Member
    15 karma

Hey there @bananabo. I took my LSAT-Flex on a loaner device from LSAC. Actually, I took my test this past Sunday, February 21st. LSAC will be sending you a Microsoft Surface Go in order for you to take the test. I received the loaner tablet on Friday, February 12th, which is a little over a week prior to my scheduled test date. I followed the instructions regarding setup and everything ran smoothly. Also, LSAC already has the ProctorU Chrome Extension enabled so you don't have to download it. I ran a diagnostics test via ProctorU and everything was fine. I did take a PT on the Microsoft Surface Go they sent me. As long as you strictly use it for LSAT purposes you'll be fine. However, I will have to admit that come test day my proctor was having a very difficult time viewing my I.D. I even told her (my proctor) the I.D. looked very blurry to me. I explained that I was using a loaner device given to me by LSAC, but I do have my own personal laptop which I never had prior problems with when using ProctorU in the past (the college I graduated from always used ProctorU for online exams). I explained to the proctor that my reasoning for requesting a loaner device was because I ran a diagnostics test on my personal laptop but didn't pass on one of the requirements for ProctorU. Nevertheless, the proctor told me to try to login on my personal laptop to see if the webcam would be better for her to view my I.D. I did as she instructed and the image quality was significantly better. I ended up taking the LSAT-Flex on my personal laptop and not the Microsoft Surface Go (loaner device). I hope this information is helpful. If you should have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

• bananabobananabo Core Member
    1211 karma

@jentuck83 thank you so much, this was very helpful!! I will try to download ProctorU on my laptop just in case as a backup :smile: