Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on attempting entry yet again

Livininthesprawl210Livininthesprawl210 Core Member
in Off-topic 25 karma

Ten years ago, I had the dream to quit teaching public school and attend law school to pursue a career as an education lawyer. I had taken 4 PTs about a month before the exam and I was shocked when I scored a 138.- I had no idea that my expectation was so off the wall crazy bonkers. Then I enrolled in a Kaplan course, took the test again and got a 148. I signed up to take it again, and sat the test but canceled my score. I was rejected from every school, except one, and I didn’t go because I was a crazy delusional that some schools were better than others. I didn’t want to go into the “4th tier toilet,” so pride stopped me from attending at all. I felt then that if that stopped me then I didn’t really want to be a lawyer. I kept teaching, earned an MA in policy instead, and started a second career in higher education as a student affairs professional. Here I am again, hoping that my flex score is at least a 152, knowing that I have to put the dream away if it doesn’t result in getting into the part time evening program in my city. I have a mortgage, a child, a great husband, and hoping to move up in my current career have another child and attend pt law. Maybe we can’t have everything, and that’s what I’m trying to convey.

For what it’s worth, I have learned a ton about myself and my understanding of this test and my ability to reason. I’ve consistently been blind reviewing at a 160-165 range, so the understanding is there. I have learned to trust myself, and that is huge!

Comments

• Livininthesprawl210Livininthesprawl210 Core Member
    25 karma

J.Y., if you do read this post, you are an amazing teacher and you are brilliant at metacognition. I truly do thank you for this experience, I wish I had this back in the day! Love and light to you and seven sage.