Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having a tough time understanding subject, predicate and details

6ixlawwww6ixlawwww Core Member

Hi,

I recently restarted my journey of studying for the LSAT. I realized that i'm having a hard time understanding the early grammar lessons. I've done both quizzes and have gotten a lot of them wrong. I moved to Canada when I was 4.5 years old so I am fluent in English so no idea why I'm having such a hard time grasping this information. Any advice on how to break down the sentences. I understand what subject, predicate and details mean but when it comes to using this information on the actual sentences I mess up.
Thanks!

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, Keep working on the practice lessons, but I would also go on YouTube watch a few videos, and I am not sure if they are there now because flash is no longer supported, but there use to be games to practice predicate, subject, and details on Google. With doing LR questions I would break down every question you come across into subject, predicate and details. Also I know they overlap some but also writing down the premise, context and conclusions will help. There is also a ton of free resources on google to help you refresh on some of the basics. When I first started I would sometimes find myself on YouTube or one of the free resources on Google. It will come back to you quickly.
    Best of luck,
    Kole