Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comprehension

moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
edited March 2021 in Reading Comprehension 179 karma

Hello!

How do you review for reading comprehension?

Comments

• edited March 2021 1050 karma

This is my plan! (Thanks for asking as typing this up was super helpful... I probably should have done this sooner haha)

1) Do RC core curriculum (I'm about halfway through atm)
    - Do most of the problem sets untimed, to focus on the memory method and get the most out of the passages. I'm still keeping track of how long it takes me to read a passage and keeping a spreadsheet of all the passages I've done, and any notes to myself.

2) After the CC is completed, I'm going to do a few early clean (1-16) untimed tests to solidify understanding and make sure that my fundamentals are 100% rock solid.

3) Work through the RC passages 1-35 that were not covered.
    - This will involve at first limiting myself to 20 minutes per passage, (seriously that's how long it takes me right now to be accurate) and then gradually decrease time until I'm down to 8-10 minutes per passage. I haven't quite figured out the details with my strategy here, because like LG, not all passages require the same amount of time... when I get closer to a reasonable time I'll shoot more for the goals of the specific passage.

4) Timed later tests (steps 3 and 4 will probably overlap a bit.)

This is RC specific, so obviously there is LR and LG drilling in there as well.