Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlist LSAT

sschch97sschch97 Core Member
edited March 2021 in Law School Admissions 92 karma

For those of you who are signed up for another LSAT in hopes to get off a school's waitlist, are you taking the April or June one?
I am registered for April but it seems so soon and I am worried I won't have a drastic enough of a score change. Would love to have some wisdom shed on this topic because I know some schools like Georgetown start reviewing waitlist students in the spring while many also do summer. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

I don't personally have any experience with this, but I have seen multiple post on various LSAT forums that detail stories of people who were able to improve their waitlist standing (and/or scholarship offers) by increasing their scores by even a point or two. Every last point matters- so if you think there's even a small chance you will bring up your score at all, I might recommend it. The worst thing that can happen is that you wind up using the score you've already submitted. You don't have anything to lose except for the fee.

Let's assume, hypothetically, that you're tied with another person on the waitlist and you retake the exam and increase your score by one point. When a spot opens up and the powers that be are deciding which one of you to give it to, who do you think they'll choose?

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Well said @lilpingling

I will add that I retook in January with this idea in mind, although I didn't actually end up on any waitlists until a week ago. I will probably also take in June, but I doubt it will have much impact on waitlists. That is more because I am fairly certain I will be delaying a cycle and because I still haven't hit the goal I set for myself on exam day.

If I were going to retake to get off waitlists this year I would absolutely take the April. Getting off the waitlist in June could be literally impossible if your school has already filled up their spots and many will have. Even if they haven't, being able to show them some improvement in April would be preferable.