Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some and Most indicators

ironofffironofff Member
edited March 2021 in Logical Reasoning 70 karma

Can most +most = some conclusion ???? Some + some = NO CONCLUSION. Most + some = No CONCLUSION. Can Please Someone help me?!

help#help#help#help

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Yes. Let's say you have 100 things, 51 ( the lowest threshold of most) of those things have quality X, and 51 (again, most) of them have quality Y. This leaves at least 1 (some) things that have both quality X and Y. Just be careful that you are indeed comparing apples to apples, as the LSAT loves to throw in the occasional curve ball and discuss similar terms as if they are the same (like discussing pets after mentioning dogs, hoping you will make a logical leap and not notice that they are not necessarily the same). I hope that is clear.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    edited March 2021 2054 karma

Sorry, I reread my explanation and it's pretty poor. I'll come back to this after coffee.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    edited March 2021 2054 karma

Nevermind, @sarakimmel 's explanation is far more straightforward.

• ironofffironofff Member
    70 karma

@sarakimmel said:
    Yes. Let's say you have 100 things, 51 ( the lowest threshold of most) of those things have quality X, and 51 (again, most) of them have quality Y. This leaves at least 1 (some) things that have both quality X and Y. Just be careful that you are indeed comparing apples to apples, as the LSAT loves to throw in the occasional curve ball and discuss similar terms as if they are the same (like discussing pets after mentioning dogs, hoping you will make a logical leap and not notice that they are not necessarily the same). I hope that is clear.

Thank you very much! "will make a logical leap and not notice that they are not necessarily the same" You meant " i will notice that they are necessarily the same? Thank you !