Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rescheduling Consideration

Number_5Number_5 Core Member
edited March 2021 in April 2021 LSAT 54 karma

I'm sure this has been covered before so I apologize in advance for the redundancy...but I'm having serious second thoughts about writing April 2021 and was hoping to get some good advice:

I've been studying curriculum for about 4mo, and within the last month and a half moved to practice exams. I can grasp the concepts in theory but when it comes to practice I miss the execution. As a result my scores are wildly all over the place, ranging from 162 to my raw score of 147. I'm a bit dejected by the trend in my scores and the general anxiety I'm feeling ahead of April isn't helping my confidence much more.

I'm at a point where I'm weighing the cost/benefits of the uncertainty going into April vs. delaying the inevitable in hope of a consistent score. I'm planning on applying next cycle for what its worth.

Would appreciate any perspective on this, thanks! -A

Comments

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

If I were you I would keep taking practice tests, one per week on a day where you can totally dedicate to taking the PT and reviewing it in detail. Identify the types of questions you are missing consistently, and review lessons, do drills on those (seems like your score is volatile) - might be testing nerves.

Honestly you might fare better on a later exam - you can still switch to June LSAT flex for free. I would recommend taking the exam when you feel as "ready" as possible (who is really "ready" for the exam, you know what I mean) - this means consistently PT at your goal score(s). I think more time would also help you ease the uncertainty you feel right now.

Take a step back, identify your weaknesses, zone in on those, and grasp them before you head into the LSAT.

• Number_5Number_5 Core Member
    54 karma

Thanks I think this is exactly what I needed to hear. Appreciate you!

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

I would also agree that it's better to take the test when you feel confident and ready. The mental/psychological considerations are important too. I feel like it's possible that that score would just serve to discourage you. It's normal for scores to fluctuate wildly, it's just part of the learning process. That being said, there is more than one way to handle every section of this test. If a method isn't working for you, find one that will. Good luck :)