Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will February LSAT put me in a bad position for scholariship consideration?

james.44james.44 Member
in General 9 karma
Hello,

I took the September LSAT and I'm thinking/hoping that I scored well enough to get into my selected schools. However, I am really trying to do well enough to be heavily considered for scholarships. My plan was to keep studying and take the February LSAT, but I recently was told that taking it again then will be too late to be highly considered for scholarships at most schools.

This brings me to my questions as to if I should take the LSAT one more time in December, or in February?

Thank you!!!!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    Most likely, yes, you'll be at some disadvantage.

Feb is on the later side for many law schools and some schools do not accept Feb scores for admission that same cycle.

However, how much of a disadvantage depends. It is going to be contingent on what school(s) you are referring to.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    If I am not mistaken, I think Nicole Hopkins took the February LSAT got a 170 and got into Northwestern with scholarship :). But I am not 100% about this.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    It does depend on the specific school but as a general rule of thumb you will be at a disadvantage with the Feb. LSAT. I just attended a webinar today where one of the Spivey consultants made that exact point.
  • james.44james.44 Member
    9 karma
    Yeah I attended the MSU webinar as well. I wanted to get a couple different opinions on the topic however.

Thank you for the responses!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @desire2learn said:
    I just attended a webinar today where one of the Spivey consultants made that exact point.
    Yup. This was a question I have specifically spoken about with a Spivey consultant.

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    This is entirely situation and school dependent... I had schools where I blatantly ignored the deposit deadlines because they gave me no scholarships (even though I didn't need one due to the GI Bill) only to have them hit me up just weeks later with significant scholarship money (half ride-ish) since more money had been released post deposit deadline. I would advise studying like you're shooting for December and then be open to February as a fall back because if you hit your target score it won't necessarily matter when you got it.