Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC and digital LSAT

Has anyone else found their RC score dropped after they started taking online PTs? I started with physical LSATs, but switched to taking them online to simulate the flex layout. I feel like RC is much more difficult without being able to track viewpoints, tone, arguments, and main points directly on paper. Any advice for annotating on the digital LSAT?

Comments

• SheboyganBoiSheboyganBoi Member
    edited March 2021 195 karma

What I like to do is use each color of the highlight function to annotate a different aspect. I use: orange to highlight the names of people, groups, dates, places, important things etc.; pink to highlight changes in tone and arguments (words like but, however, in contrast etc.); yellow for main points and anything else that I feel might be notably important.

That's just what works for me, but I think it's important to play around with some highlighting strategies and find out what works best for you while making sure that you're not over-highlighting because that will end up being counter productive. Hope this helped!

• edited March 2021 38 karma

Check out the LSAT Demon’s approach. You shouldn’t be highlighting/marking passages. It’s a waste of time, IMO. To be frank, working as an attorney, you’re going to be spending an awful lot of time reading and writing on a computer. Best get used to it. Best of luck! :)

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

I feel you completely!!! On paper tests I am always finish in time with near perfection (25/26 outta 27) but when I switched to solely virtual PT I was bombing them. I ended up making the virtual lawhub tests font smaller and switching to passage only view which has helped significantly. Now I closer to my true capability with 22/23 each RC. Plus, I started reading Nautilus, Scientific American and the Economist so I am less freaked out seeing crazy topics on RC (or LR for that matter)

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@Flavious said:
    Has anyone else found their RC score dropped after they started taking online PTs? I started with physical LSATs, but switched to taking them online to simulate the flex layout. I feel like RC is much more difficult without being able to track viewpoints, tone, arguments, and main points directly on paper. Any advice for annotating on the digital LSAT?

Great point, and great reinforcement @tonyahardzinski