Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Higher Than Normal FLEX Scores?

Hi all,
I've seen some chatter online about inflated scores this cycle due to the FLEX. Do you think this is true? It does seem like many schools are rejecting/wait listing people who are at or well above the usual median score. If this is the case, what should someone who was originally shooting for a 165-167 try for instead?

Comments

• infamousdingoinfamousdingo Member
    30 karma

Yes, scores are definitely higher because of the Flex (and other factors like more apps + more time for folks to study) -- and seeing medians up across the board.

I mean regardless you should aim for the highest score possible! If you're applying next cycle, I would assume that the median for a particular school will be 1 point higher.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

LSAC makes current volume data available on their website at https://www.lsac.org/data-research/data/current-volume-summaries-region-raceethnicity-gender-identity-lsat-score. There are many more applicants this cycle, those applicants are sending out many more applications than last cycle, and those applicants have posted higher LSAT scores than last cycle. Admissions has more files to select from within a desired LSAT range. A candidate's narrative, motivations for pursuing the law, and application presentation will likely receive more scrutiny. In putting together a school list, the candidate should cast a wide net and not assume that meeting a school's medians will result in an auto-admit. Good luck!

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

The PowerScore Podcast released an episode covering all of this a few days ago. I'll be honest with you, it wasn't exactly a pick-me-up, but they do provide a lot of useful information on the matter.

Due to my non-traditional status and personal circumstances, I'm not able to pick up and move anywhere I want, so my options are fairly limited and I was already "undershooting" my applications (applying to schools at which I am far above the 75th percentile)- so I'm not seeing a lot of impact on a personal level, but it's definitely a big deal for those shooting for top tier schools.