Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

combining 7sage with LSAT trainer

Aiesha G.Aiesha G. Alum Member
edited May 2015 in General 199 karma
So I have heard and read excellent things about the LSAT Trainer and was wondering how you have been combining your studies. I would probably attempt to do them simultaneously. For example, first I would complete a segment of 7sage (since I anticipate it will be quicker than reading) and then read chapter 1 of the trainer to reinforce concepts and drills. I am just curious as to other ways that some of you have meshed the two in your studies and how effective you feel it has been for you.

Comments

• visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I didn't know about 7Sage when I got the Trainer so I just went through the Trainer then I found 7Sage and went through 7Sage. To be honest, I would do it the same way if I had to do it again. The Trainer for me was a good (very good) introduction and primer for the LSAT. Then, go through 7Sage and pick up on the details. The videos on 7Sage is a nice break from reading and it helps things from the Trainer click in my opinion. Plus, the 7Sage games videos are unparalleled but some of the core concepts can be gotten in the Trainer. So in summary I did Trainer first and 7Sage next, refer back to both after completing both. Also, to note, it's much easier to watch a video about a concept you've already learned than to read about it. I feel like if I start feeling like I've already learned the concepts that I start skimming and daydreaming..
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I actually did 7Sage first then later found out about the Trainer. I actually felt that I benefited from it this way because it closed the little gaps I had on LR/RC from 7sage. So I don't think it matters what approach you take.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @visualcreed said:
    I just went through the Trainer then I found 7Sage and went through 7Sage.
    Very much agree with your assessment and feel the same way about my own experience (parallel to your own). There are many "nuggets" in 7sage but I feel the Trainer gave me a holistic mindset/approach that did not get me too bogged down in details. I learn better from books and would likely not have done as well just starting with a course. I do recommend the two in combination, not one over the other, and honestly—not one without the other.

I also prefer the Trainer's methods of game diagrams (Especially grouping/subsets) and have found that starting with those has allowed me more flexibility than what I have seen/heard from those who were introduced to certain game types via 7sage. But that might not be a factor of the course, but rather of my own analytic tendencies.

Starting with 7sage won't harm you, and I know a number of top scorers who did so, but I would recommend starting with the Trainer as a way to ease into LSAT studies overall. Ultimately it's likely a matter of preference.