Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling to keep up with Study schedule

in General 40 karma

Hello guys! I am taking the LSAT for the first time in August. I started studying March 18 and according to the 7sage study schedule I should be putting in 40-50 hours a week. However I work full time and I am finding it rather difficult to get through the assigned coursework weekly. I am also going through the course in order and I feel like I am not covering all the sections RC LR AR enough. The first few weeks are mostly LR. Im scared because I feel like I am not going to have enough time to do practice tests at the end. But I cant skip the curriculum either because I have no background in the LSAT. How do you suggest I go about my studying. My old diagnostic without any prior LSAT prep was 138. My goal is 160

Comments

• 36 karma

I am in the same boat as you and also found that putting in 40-50 hours of a studying a week is far too much. Mind you if you look later on in the schedule, it includes all of the Prep Tests that you'd be taking. The more tests you can do, the better. Right now, focus on working through the core curriculum and then do as many Prep Tests as possible.

• laineyycakeslaineyycakes Member
    32 karma

Hi! I also work full time and I am just unable to put in that amount of hours. Most days after work, I aim for studying between two and three hours, and on off days I aim for upwards of five. It's a lot and a lot of my friends are frustrated with me, but it is what it is. I also try to take a practice test once a week (but now that it's less than three weeks out from the April test I am taking like five a week). Anyway, I hope this helps! You've got this!

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

What the 7sage schedule gives you is a schedule assuming you have time for the full curriculum and every single available prep test. It's up to you to figure out the best way to maximize your time, because I don't think the 7sage suggestion is realistic for anyone who works full time. As someone who also works full-time (with the caveat that I've had a lot of down time at my job this past month, so I could study a lot longer than I will be able to once my job picks back up next week) you can definitely pick and choose where to focus. With a 138 diagnostic, you probably need to really focus on the core curriculum and not so much the prep tests. But you do need to plan to take 2-3 prep tests before the sign up deadline so you can have an honest conversation with yourself about if you'll meet your goal score.

Also is August a hard deadline for you? Do you have the flexibility to take the test later if you don't feel confident by the sign up deadline? If so, I would prepare for August, but push back your test date if your PT scores/ Blind review scores are nowhere near your goal.

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Alum Member
    374 karma

Looks like the original poster is preparing for the august date. Just learn as much as possible before you go through too many actual previous lsat exams. You still have over 16 weeks to prepare as a starter fact.