Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Prep

SapphireSapphire Alum Member
edited May 2015 in General 289 karma
Has anyone here ever used BarBRI law school prep? I'm using 7sage's, but would like to know if anyone thought it would be best to supplement it with BarBRI or any other form of law school prep?

[note from mods: please don't post titles/comments in all caps!]

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    This is an interesting thought—I assume you mean http://lawpreview.barbri.com/ Law Preview?

$600 is a bit steep right up front—why not start with 7sage and if you're still hungry then throw down for BarBri?

Also, you could hunt down syllabi for 1L courses and acquire the books; many public libraries have them, or you could see about gaining access to Law Libraries in your city/county or at local law schools. Perhaps check with your local Bar Assoc?
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    So I haven't started this plan yet (and won't for a couple years) but my friends gave me their old barbri/themis materials and told me to study those the summer before I go to law school. They also gave me their 1L books and told me to just skim through those as well as the outlines that are available on Amazon. Getting those 1L books and bar material books (if you can) is going to be a lot cheaper than paying $600 for classes.

For preparing for exams, the 7sage material is awesome and should be sufficient enough to give you insight as to what your exams would look like so you got that covered as well.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I've only heard good things about Barbri law school prep but also there are other books out there that you can buy that will cover your 1st year and so on. I have picked up 6 Examples & Explanations books (E&E) which are pretty straight forward. I have also purchased Getting to Maybe and Learning Legal Reasoning. I also found out about LEEWS and got that too. These books along with 7Sage's law school prep course should be all that you need. I'm also getting at least 3 more books to go along with what I already have. But I have enough to read now so I'm waiting until I'm done with these books.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    A book on trial strategy (even if you don't want to be a litigator) could be a good way to see how all the things you learn in 1L (and beyond) might fit together in practice. Covers things like evidence, argument, use of code/case law, procedure, etc.
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    thanks everyone for your feedback! i really appreciate it.