Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR going up, actual score staying the same

haleyplatt27haleyplatt27 Member
in General 44 karma

I am exactly one month into 7Sage and feel like I'm learning a lot. I started my first 2 months of studying using books and paper tests, so digital tests are new for me and I've definitely noticed a slight actual score drop as I'm adjusting. I've noticed that my blind review score is increasing even though my actual score has remained the close or the same for the past 4 practice tests. Any advice for making my BR intuition/realizations happen while taking the actual exam?

Comments

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    edited April 2021 340 karma

The fact that your BR score is going up means that you are gaining ground and learning the test! That's awesome news! Think of BR score as an indication of your knowledge of the material and your timed score as an indication of your ability to perform that knowledge under timed conditions. As you continue to prep for the test, practice practice practice will help to narrow your test score and BR score. KEEP GOING. That's a God-given mantra for me. Studying for this test has it's ups and downs like a roller coaster (at least for me lol) but just keep going and don't get discouraged. I also experienced a drop after I finished CC, but once you drill the knowledge in, it should more than make up for the difference.
    In terms of techniques, I know a lot of folks say that you should drill the question types/passages that you feel are your weaknesses. This helps so that when you take the PT (performative part) your able to cut down on your time and pick answers with confidence. YOU GOT THIS! Rooting for your success!!

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

when your BR score is consistently going up, that's a really great sign of progress!! it means that your level of understanding is increasing about the test and that probably something else like timing is holding you back. Keep going, and I'm sure that you'll be able to close the gap! (use it as fuel to propel you forward!)

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

BR score reflects your skillset/knowledge. Timed score indicates your level of performance or efficiency in applying those skills. Mastery of the content along with work on performance factors (timing/skipping, efficient translation, etc.) will get you there... just keep it up. One month is still very early on.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Right there with you! I've made the same score 3 tests in a row but by BR score is way up.

To keep from getting discouraged, i also recommend you write down, or at least keep a mental note, of where you can feel your improvements. Sometimes, your improvements are subtle, but still major improvements nonetheless. Even if the actual result isn't quite where you want it, feeling any improvement whatsoever is a sign that you're headed in the right direction! Keep up the good work :smile: