Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SMU or retake LSAT? - 7Sage Forum

SMU or retake LSAT?

ExNewYorkerExNewYorker Alum Member
in General 117 karma

I average around a 151 ... got really lucky getting into SMU ... made my tuition deposit ... ... what worries me is the COA ($245 k including undergrads loans) ... don’t know if I can get a better deal by reapplying .... SMU gives out very little money ... all the other Texas schools I saw even A&M gave out little money ....

I feel like this admission cycle was

1. Very competitive compared to previous years
  2. Not a lot of full rides w/ stipends were given out

I feel like next year will be more competitive... and we will definitely see more people scoring 170+ than this year

I’m seriously trying to practice in the state of Texas ... but don’t know if reapplying to even a NY school here that is free ... would give me any shot at practicing in Texas in the future

If I were to take on that debt at SMU ... the REPAYE payment plan would be an option if I don’t end up making enough for a 10/20 year repayment plan

Open to all opinions

... the pro R&R’s and anti R&R’s

SMU or retake??
  1. SMU or retake10 votes
    1. SMU
      50.00%
    2. Retake
      50.00%

Comments

• 219 karma

Are you trying to practice in the Dallas area, or anywhere in Texas?

• ExNewYorkerExNewYorker Alum Member
    117 karma

Also if I were to retake i would either

1. Try to get into UT

2. Try to get as close to a full ride to SMU or the other Texas schools as much as possible

3. Take any school that gives out a full ride including NY schools

4. Try to take any other T14 school that blesses me with an acceptance

• ExNewYorkerExNewYorker Alum Member
    117 karma

@TakingOnTheBeast Preferably Dallas ...
    Austin would be two ... and Houston would be three

I like Texas so much I would go to Lubbock or even Waco

Anywhere that pays little tax ... low cost of living ... ability for me to one day own a home

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, will SMU get you to the goals that you have? Do you think that you will be able to increase your LSAT score high enough to get into a different school you want? I know how much work and time it takes to increase ones LSAT score. You do have room for improvement. Do you have the time to do that? Is going to a different school more likely to help you in your career goals? Would going to a different school give you a better chance at your career goals than an extra year of experience?