Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlist strategy

Sam LeaderSam Leader Alum Member

Hey guys, I'm waitlisted in my top school and I wanted to know how many others may be in the same situation. What's your coping strategy? Are you studying to improve your score for the following year (if you don't get in)? Are you getting your financials in place (just in case you do)? Are you call bombing admissions to see what movement (if any) is happening and/or your index score? Or, are you normal and doing yoga.

Waitlist
  1. How do you handle the wait?26 votes
    1. STUDY
      38.46%
    2. Get those affairs in order
        7.69%
    3. Shake down admissions
      19.23%
    4. Some inner peace
      34.62%

Comments

• Katherine1998Katherine1998 Member
    edited May 2021 43 karma

Hi!
    I get waitlisted by my top school too, so we are on the same boat!

I am sure that the reason why they do not directly admit me is all about my LSAT score. So now I am preparing for this June LSAT test (and maybe the August one as well) and hope I can improve my score by at least 3 points.

I get admitted by a school that is far away from my home and I paid them the first deposit, but I don’t really wanna pay them the second because it is expensive and I don’t feel like I wanna go there. The point is: are you admitted by any other law schools? Do you feel like you MUST go to your top school, like, you don’t wanna go to any law schools other than your top school? And, do you feel like you MUST go to law school this year?

I also send an LOCI every month to the admission office to let them know my continued interest.

BTW I am doing workouts everyday to distract myself so I can stop keeping thinking about the application stuff :). I really recommend doing exercises or yoga, because the law school application can be very very very stressful.

I don’t know if my comment helps, but I do hope all of us who are on the waitlist can be finally admitted and can go to our dream schools!! (Fingers crossed)