Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Postponing LSAT Again?

edited May 2021 in General 140 karma

Hi all, looking to apply for Fall 2022 and looking for some sort of advice or maybe someone who's gone through something similar.

I've been studying for the LSAT for almooooost a year and I signed up for December 2020, April 2021 and decided to push my test to June coming up. My reasons for pushing the past two times was because I had not reached my goal score of 150. I met that goal in April but by April my new goal score was 155 so I pushed it until June. I'm currently at a 155 plateau and now my new goal score is 160. I'm considering pushing it until October. I feel a lot of guilt for pushing and so I can't decide whether or not to take it in June and then again in October. June would be my third time and October would make it my forth time. My reasoning for June is bad, it's the last flex and it's more curiosity and the fact that it's shorter.

I know this depends on the school and some of the schools that I am looking at take the highest score so technically taking it a fourth time with improvements wouldn't be an issue?

My schools are Drexel law, Temple law, Upenn law (reach), Rutgers, really they're all reach schools in my eyes because law school haha. Any advice? Thank you.

I have a 3.5 GPA and graduated with honors if that's any help. I know the other parts of my application are super important too.

Comments

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

Why feel guilt? You have enough time taking it in October to apply for a Fall22 start date. You could even take the November one and still have time to apply? Ofcourse, October would allow for early decision. Postpone it if you're looking for a 160, it will not affect you in any way as far as applying and dump the guilt, there's nothing to feel guilty about. I was initially going to take the August and pushed it to October, if the October doesn't work out I will take it again in Novemeber and at that point I will apply to the schools with what I have. You got this, this test is a beast but it's doable. Goodluck.