Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mac with M1 Chip Failed ProctorU's RAM Test

Bushy_BrowBushy_Brow Yearly Member
edited June 2021 in General 61 karma

My Mac Mini M1 with 8gb of RAM failed the ProctorU equipment test 2/3 times because my RAM usage exceeded 95% capacity even though I had no other applications open. This seems like an issue with ProctorU's software, as the M1 chip should be powerful enough to handle the test. Does anyone know how to fix this? I recommend you test your equipment if you also plan to use a M1 Mac!

Comments

• StevenGreen3StevenGreen3 Member
    11 karma

I just tested my MacBook Air M1 and had to close out of all applications for it to pass. With everything closed besides the ProctorU website open, it showed 83% and passed. Definitely contact Apple or ProctorU's technical assistance to make sure you are good to go for the test. I am going to do so even though mine passed. 83% seems really high for just running one website on Google Chrome.

• Bushy_BrowBushy_Brow Yearly Member
    61 karma

@StevenGreen3 thanks for sharing that!

• acquadiiceacquadiice Core Member
    121 karma

just do a fresh restart and only open your internet browser and and run the check and everything should be fine. when i test it after using the computer for daily activities, it shows that my RAM usage is 99% with my m1 mbp and i have 16GB model so its not really going to be an issue.