Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProctorU requirement issues

PFT CommenterPFT Commenter Core Member
in June 2021 LSAT 249 karma

Hi everyone,

I registered on ProctorU this morning to schedule a testing time, and am having a lot of issues with testing my equipment. I use Google Chrome as my browser, but it will not allow me to enable ProctorU extension. Further, proctorU keeps telling me to install the newer version, but it is up to date and current. I read on reddit that others have had this issue, and tried Firefox instead. I downloaded Firefox and re-tested my equipment. Using Firefox, I passed all of the tests, but Firefox does not allow ProctorU access to my CPU/RAM information. I have not had CPU/RAM issues in the past, and am currently using a 2017 MacBook Air with 11.1 MacOS Big Sur.

My question is whether anyone else has had issues with ProctorU testing using the Chrome browser on a Mac? Should I be concerned with the inability to test CPU/RAM on ProctorU?

Appreciate any feedback, and good luck.

Comments

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

I have a 2020 MacBook Air and closing all my other tabs seems to work for me. I've seen other people say clearing their cache or something helped too.