Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing

TheDirtyWooTheDirtyWoo Member
edited June 2021 in General 39 karma

Apologies for the elementary question, but can someone please explain to me what needs to be done for the writing if I am taking the exam in June (this Sat.)? I understand the actual writing part (just make a competent argument), but I am confused on when I need to do this by? Does it need to be done before I sit for the exam Saturday, can I do it after, how long after? I have seen conflicting info and just am hoping for someone to provide any clarification. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• berkeleyiloveuberkeleyiloveu Core Member
    17 karma

Following bcs I have the same question! Also good luck to all the june test takers - we got this!!

• zmaanseezmaansee Member
    edited June 2021 32 karma

According to the website you have a year after your test date to complete it but you won't receive your score until after it is complete I think. And it takes up to 3-4 weeks for it to be processed.

https://blog.blueprintprep.com/lsat/didnt-get-your-lsat-score-check-your-lsat-writing-sample/

• Bostonian91Bostonian91 Member
    17 karma

I believe sign up for the June LSAT writing is ending today. You should sign up ASAP and take the writing. It might take up to 3 weeks for the LSAC to post your writing results.

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

You can do it after you take the exam but really I would do it as soon as possible. I -think- you have until 6 days before the June flex score release date (July 1) to complete it and not have your score delayed. Not sure 100% on the timing. Bottom line just do it ASAP and you won't have your score delayed.

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

Also I did mine a couple days ago and it was already processed in like 12 hours

• TheDirtyWooTheDirtyWoo Member
    39 karma

@Bostonian91 said:
    I believe sign up for the June LSAT writing is ending today. You should sign up ASAP and take the writing. It might take up to 3 weeks for the LSAC to post your writing results.

@Bostonian91 I am not seeing anything about a separate registration for June LSAT Writing. Could you elaborate because I was under the impression that the writing registration happened automatically/was included when registering for the exam itself.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

If you're signed up for the June LSAT, you're already signed up for LSAT Writing. If you want to receive your score on time, you need to do it ASAP. This can be before or after the LSAT MC test. There's a link in your LSAC account for taking the LSAT Writing.

• evan.006evan.006 Member
    82 karma

How is the writing portion administered? My initial thought was over ProctorU, same as the real LSAT, but we didn't sign up for any test dates/times for the writing portion. But I know that there is still a video and time requirement to ensure that you don't get extra help, browse the internet, etc. Any knowledge about this?

• 120_or_bust120_or_bust Core Member
    124 karma

@"evan.006" said:
    How is the writing portion administered? My initial thought was over ProctorU, same as the real LSAT, but we didn't sign up for any test dates/times for the writing portion. But I know that there is still a video and time requirement to ensure that you don't get extra help, browse the internet, etc. Any knowledge about this?

I just did it on Tues and received approval in about 24 hours. It's through a different program, which you download through the link on LSAC.

There is a video and time req but no proctor - they just record you doing it.

• tristanhowie31tristanhowie31 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Hi, I know about the complexities of writing assignments during the session, individual exams, both state and specialized transitional, or introductory to the next stage of study, for me it is always very difficult, because
    I just do not know how to write long and interesting texts, but I am working on myself and recommend that you do this, of course, not the day before the exam, but in the future.
    Now let's talk about the main thing, about your request, this problem is not unique, because I have already described my sad experience and there are a lot of such students, I think this is every third, but there are many writing services, educational platforms, professional freelance writers on the Internet, which become more in demand during sessions. Also providing written online services can bring a good income to skilled students who are paid by classmates and other colleagues, so whatever you study is important and can come in handy at any time, you can monetize it..
    Use service applications such as Grammarly for now, or writing service sites such as PapersOwl, as these applications are for practicing grammar or syntax, and you can save you time and get quality work.
    Over time, with these useful apps, online writing can still become second nature when you finally have enough knowledge to join the freelance writing community.
    Even educational platform websites can be helpful for students in developing their writing skills. Remember, you don't have to be a linguist or study literature to join the freelance writing community. You just need to love to read, have a passion for books, or express yourself with the written word. This is true, even if you are not an expert on modern English literature, you can still develop decent writing skills with a little work. The magic of words will never go away as long as people enjoy hearing what you say.