Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whether or not to retest after connection issues

maxbfriendmaxbfriend Member

I had ProctorU connection issues during my June FLEX.

LR was totally normal.

RC I was interrupted 3-4 times starting halfway through reading passage 2. After about 1 minute of stop and go reading, my proctor paused the test, closed everything, and started me off again from where we were. I got through the section, but felt I never got to the level of understanding for that passage that I am used to.

LG was normal through two games, but I was interrupted by connection issues again during the last two games. I was able to answer all questions, but I probably lost 60 seconds of work time, had to guess on two questions, and didn't check my work at the end.

LSAC is offering me a retest 8 days from now. Here's why I'm so unsure of what to do:

-I've already taken the most recent 25 PTs, and I'm worried about reusing PTs or relying on older ones.
-I don't trust the FLEX setup anymore. I could encounter the same or worse connection issues again. The issues stemmed from the server side, not from my local setup.
-I am not applying this cycle, so I can retest next year if I keep this score and I am not thrilled.

This was my second sitting. I think the odds I did worse than my first sitting are low, the odds I did 1-2 points better are high, and the odds I did 3+ point better are medium. But that's just my estimate. I was shooting for a -10 on the exam.

Thanks for the insight and support. I am just a wreck over this whole thing.

Comments

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I experienced massive technical problems being kicked out the section at the times due to lost video and connection. I was in area with strong connection and weather was fair. I could also hear echo sounds from the other side and they lost me multiple times. My start time was delayed for 2 hours and decided to file a test day complaint after the administration.

I am also wary about retest hope won’t encounter a similar or worse experience with proctorU?

I guess in your situation I would file a complaint and reach out to LSAC. If LSAC grants your retest, you will still have time to decide when you want to retest or not.

Good luck!!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

I guess in your case I would keep your June score no matter as 1-2 points is better no gain from the previous one.