Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stressed out and down

elph90elph90 Free Trial Member
in General 11 karma
I took a well known in person course for my June LSAT prep and it appears that from my original practice testing scores, I have had a serious regression on all of the categories. Is this common? It just seems like with all that I knew (didn't know) has been trashed and I'm more confused now than when I started. I'm feeling bummed out.

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 1489 karma
    @elph90 I'm sorry you're in this situation, I know I would be very upset if I had paid big bucks for a course only to regress. I wouldn't say it's common but that doesn't mean you can't recover from it.

If you don't mind my asking, how many official preptests have you taken? You can only determine if you've really regressed if you have a large enough data set.

Either way, you may want to reconsider taking in June. October would still be early enough from an admissions standpoint and you'd have more time to prepare. Enroll in the 7Sage course and keep plugging away at it and you're bound to see results. I've improved 18 points from my diagnostic to my highest PT using only 7Sage and portions of the LSAT Trainer.
  • ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
    237 karma
    I know exactly what you mean. I too, have had similar results from taking "different" LSAT tutoring only to see myself engaging in incorrect habits and scoring worse than I initially did in Diagnostics. Not to say that this is "common", but I feel your pain.

Like brna0714 said, it may be a good choice to change the test date to October, giving yourself more valuable prep time. Again, I've done that very same thing.

Keep plugging away and (easier said than done) try not to let it get you down too much. You're not alone! So far with my experience with 7sage, there are lots of great people just like you and me struggling for the same end goal; law school!

Keep working on your basics and fundamentals, getting those down pat will reinforce everything else you're working on. Keep on keeping on, we got this!
  • elph90elph90 Free Trial Member
    11 karma
    I'm comparing myself to question types that I was doing well in and I'm at 10 tests with lower scores. I may just postpone till October.
  • elph90elph90 Free Trial Member
    11 karma
    Thanks for the support.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I can't comment on in person classes since I've never done any but I do know how it feels to regress. My reading comprehension section seems to regress every test. Taking it in October sounds like a good plan. I can say that 7Sage can help you and by October you should be in pretty good shape.