Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do in between Prep Tests

harrismeganharrismegan Member
in General 2074 karma
Hi!!! I have written my history before, but I'll do a general recap. Studied (mostly with Cambridge) before the December 2014 LSAT. Finally purchased 7Sage with less then three months of studying left. Studied 5-6 hours a day and worked full time. I didn't use that many PTs. I still have (I believe) 50-70s left. Which is good!

I've been through the curriculum 2x now (ultimate package). I wrote my first prep test (for this study cycle) last weekend. I wrote #36. I plan to write #50 tomorrow and prep test 1x a week (Saturdays) right until test day (either October or December).

My question is..... what do you guys do for studying between the prep tests?
What I did last week was....

Saturday - Prep Test #36
Sunday - BR the entire exam. Go through each section. For LR, I identified which questions I got wrong and what question type they were. For LG, I noted which game type gave me the most trouble. For RC, I went back and review where in the passage I could have found the right answer & which types of passages were hardest for me.
During the week....

In the AM I would write 2 times RC passages from both my weak areas (Natural Sciences and Humanities). I would then print off a LG section from the LG Bundle and do that under timed conditions. I made sure to BR the RC passage. I then reviewed both and noted which were harder games/passages so I could go back and redo them.

At lunch I would go through the Cambridge packages and do questions on my weakest LR areas from the prep test (Flaw, MSS, and Parallel Flaw). Before I started prep tests, I reviewed the Cambridge packages for each question type and did #s 1-60. So Now I'm doing #60+. I blind reviewed these, wrote out the corrected reasoning for the questions I got wrong, and went over the answers the next day to reinforce the concepts.

I also read through my notes for about 10 minutes in the morning before work. Just basic notes from 7Sage about the question types, how to solve them, how to negate conditional statements, ect.

I guess I'm wondering if it's "enough". I know I still have a lot of time, and I have now been studying for about a year....... does anyone see anything I could be doing more? I also have taken up reading in my spare time so my mind is more actively engaged. Nothing crazy, just a few leisure books.

Thanks!

Comments

• bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    @harrismegan I basically do the same thing. PT/ BR / Cambridge Packets for LR and RC.

To decide which LR questions to focus on, I just use the top priorities in my analytics and for RC I rotate between categories and do passages of increasing difficulty.

I don't think more than that is really necessary.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I BR the PT, score it and go over the answers. Any questions I still don't get why I got wrong I watch the videos and if there were any difficult games I usually watch those videos too even if I got everything right, just to see the methodology used. Then I take a look at the analytics and see what they were for that test only and what any trends are.

If I'm struggling in a given area I might do a little review for a game type or question type. LR is really my only major issue now so it's usually just a matter of practicing those skills. I might do a new game from the bundle but that's about it for LG. I don't really think much helps my RC besides getting better general logic skills and better at LR so I don't do any RC specific stuff. Then I might take a day or two to rest my brain before another PT.

I also just picked up the Trainer and am gradually reading that so I don't do much other prep now that I finished the 7sage curriculum. My brain has never responded well to studying too much so I try not to go to overboard unless major issues arise.