Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on reapplying and reusing a personal statment?

Victoria O.Victoria O. Core Member

I applied to multiple schools during the 2019 application cycle. I got accepted to several schools I was interested in and waitlisted at my top choice. Unfortunately the summer of 2019 my situation changed and I was unable to attend law school in the fall. My Dad had a heart attack, I had a back injury and lost feeling in one of my legs, and because of my missed work I couldn't afford to pay for a move to another state. I contacted the school where I had made my deposit and asked to defer. Unfortunately in spring of 2020 I injured my back again and a few weeks later my boyfriend was diagnosed with cancer. I'm currently not working and staying home as a caretaker during his treatment. I'm trying to use this time at home to study to retake the LSAT in hopes that a higher score will be the difference between waitlisted again vs accepted at my top choice. I'm hoping to apply for fall of 2022. I spent a lot of time on my personal statement in 2019. I wrote several different versions and felt like none of them really fit me. I finally wrote a version including my time working at a wildlife rehabilitation center and my interest in environmental law that I am really happy with. I don't know if it is appropriate to reuse my personal statement when applying to the same schools. I have time to write a new personal statement but I don't think I would be as happy with a new one. Would it be appropriate to submit an application with the same personal statement or would that look lazy to the admissions team?