Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meaning Of Phrase in Context?

agc438agc438 Alum Member
in General 253 karma

I keep getting these wrong and it's up and very dark red in my Analytics. Any help/anyone who knows where in the syllabus I can go to to cover it again is super appreciated!

Comments

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

You're referring to finding the meaning of a word in RC passage right? I am also getting those right more often than not. If anyone knows, please share.

• shaybaebeeshaybaebee Member
    185 karma

Most of the time, try understanding the meaning/role that part of the text plays in the reading, and how it relates to the paragraph/text above and below.

If its still hard, try replacing these words with the word or words they are referring to.

Hope that Helps!

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    edited July 2021 417 karma

I am not sure if you are referring to the grammar lessons in the curriculum or as @Cynthia-2 says definitions of a word, but I definitely agree with @shaybaebee to focus on reading the word in the context of the sentence, phrase or even paragraph. Also maybe it helps to at least sort of determine if the word means a good thing or a bad thing? I found this post also https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11248