Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is considered to be a recent/new PT?

elevator_musicelevator_music Core Member
in General 151 karma

Hi all!

I feel like people often make a distinction between recent PTs that are available and older tests which some would say are less difficult. My question is: what counts as one of these recent tests? Is it anything after PT70? PT80? I would like to make sure to save those for when things get "real".

Comments

• Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
    edited July 2021 393 karma

Many think that the PT's in the 80's are most representative of the current tests, which I completely agree with. I used tests from 1-40 as foundational work then everything from 40-May '20 I have been using for PT'ing. Best advice I have, don't burn through the 80's too fast and don't think you have to take PT's in a linear order. As for difficulty, there's a ton you can take away from older tests, for example PT's 1-10 are known to be the most difficult logic games sections and are great for mastering miscellaneous games.

• elevator_musicelevator_music Core Member
    151 karma

@Frenchy said:
    Many think that the PT's in the 80's are most representative of the current tests, which I completely agree with. I used tests from 1-40 as foundational work then everything from 40-May '20 I have been using for PT'ing. Best advice I have, don't burn through the 80's too fast and don't think you have to take PT's in a linear order. As for difficulty, there's a ton you can take away from older tests, for example PT's 1-10 are known to be the most difficult logic games sections and are great for mastering miscellaneous games.

Very helpful! Thank you! I find it slightly discouraging that there's only like ten PT's that are the most "representative" of the current test but you are right, there's definitely a lot to learn from the older PT's.

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

70s and 80s are definitely more recent. I also consider 52 and up "modern" LSATs because they have comparative passages, so I'd use those for full PTs. Anything below 52 I'd categorize as older (but still highly valuable) drilling material.

• elevator_musicelevator_music Core Member
    151 karma

@"Slow is Fast" said:
    70s and 80s are definitely more recent. I also consider 52 and up "modern" LSATs because they have comparative passages, so I'd use those for full PTs. Anything below 52 I'd categorize as older (but still highly valuable) drilling material.

Thank you for your take! I haven't ventured into the 80's yet as I don't want to "waste" them but at the same time you gotta pull the trigger at some point.

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

Oh yeah, totally. Save your 70s and 80s for when you're getting close to a real test date.