Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel or Keep LSAT Flex?

jenny515jenny515 Member

I'm debating to cancel or keep my June 2021. It was about 90th percentile but I'm shooting for 170+ and faced some issues on test day. I think I can do better but don't know if a cancel would look worse than just keeping my score. Any advice?

Comments

• Guy_FawkesGuy_Fawkes Core Member
    124 karma

following! I'm in the same situation.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I feel like you should only cancel if your score was like 10+ points below your average and you're super embarrassed by it. Like if you've been consistently scoring above a 165, but you got a 150 due to issues. 90th percentile is still very good - I say keep it and retake, they're going to take your highest score. Then you can just write a quick addendum if you feel you need to and say that your 170+ score is more representative of your practice tests and you ran into technical issues on your June test.

• rayastellarayastella Member
    19 karma

Don't cancel.

• Juper1234Juper1234 Member
    112 karma

If its a good enough score that can still get you into great law schools then you should keep it because it is good to have a back up in case things dont go as planned.

• g2021107g2021107 Member
    7 karma

I agree with above if it's good enough to get into a law school you would realistically attend if your T14 choices don't work out keep it

• CripTheLawCripTheLaw Member
    45 karma

I would not recommend canceling. There is not a guarantee that you won't have any problems the next time you take the LSAT and your score could be far worse than 90th %tile that time. Think of a scenario like this: you cancel this score, then next test you end up with serious food poisoning and can barely take that exam. Since you already cancelled once(which most law schools would not care about) now you will be faced with accepting a possibly much lower score than 90th %ile (which you wont know since score preview is only for your first test), or having two cancels on your record, which AdComms might look at a little more suspiciously and wonder about your judgment.