Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strange LSAC Issue (CAS)

hotranchsaucehotranchsauce Member
edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 288 karma

Hi, I'm having an issue and was wondering if anyone else had the same/similar problem in the past and how they've dealt with it. LSAC has given me the run around and won't "formalize, or whatever" my CAS profile until the issue is resolved, so my profile is incomplete. So if you have any ideas please let me know.

Here's the situation:

LSAC has received all my official transcripts
Transcript from school A says I took class X at school C
Transcript from school B says I took class X at school B
I never attended school C
I did attend school B and took class X at school B
LSAC sees that the transcript from school A says I took class X at school C and labels school C as a school I've attended and failed to acknowledge
I tell LSAC I did not attend school C
LSAC told me that if I did not take class X at school C, then I need to have school A edit their transcript to show this fact and then I need to have them resubmit the corrected transcript to LSAC
School A is no longer a school
School A transformed into school D
School D is the custodian of school A's transcripts
School D cannot edit school A's transcripts
School C has written a "letter of non-attendance" on my behalf and I have forwarded that to LSAC

I've spoken with both people at LSAC proper and CAS, and supposedly last year when I was trying to remedy this problem, the letter of non attendance would be enough to remedy the situation (and this was after a big time sink of call after call after email). Now, I'm getting conflicting input on how to fix the situation from them, and also now they are telling me that the letter of non attendance needs to be sent directly from school C to them via snail mail and that the previously forwarded email from school C containing a scanned document with the signature of their registrar is not enough. Basically, the goal posts keep moving and I have no idea what to do from here.

Problem persists without resolution and the fixes to the problem that LSAC are giving me are literally impossible.