Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice (Retake Vs. Apply)

LawBound-1LawBound-1 Yearly Member
edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 90 karma

Here goes...

I took the LSAT, got a 156, waited a year and retook and got a 156. In that time my average went up, average before was a 156 and average a year later was a 164. I hit 162, 164, 165, 166, 168, 169, and 172 (once) the second time around. I had decided to just move forward and not retake for a third time but now that I am looking at how little money I will probably get, if any, I am worried.

For those wondering, I did practice in simulated sessions, didn't stop my tests, and reviewed each test I took about 3 - 4 times. I think the issue was that I took a lot of PT's in the late 40's - 60's range and not enough new prep tests. And honestly, I feel like the old PT's were easier. The 2 real tests I have taken felt considerably harder than the PT's and I choked both times on LG.

I say all of that to ask what should the plan of attack be moving forward? This time around I would focus solely on the new PT's and redo those I took in the past. But more than that, how do I prevent choking on logic games and improving my RC/LR sections?

Lastly, I had decided to not retake because I am burnout and frankly tired of this entire process. I am not sure that realistically I actually would do better on a real test. I almost submitted a score appeal but even LSAC say's "any differences in scores earned on practice tests versus actual tests are highly unlikely to indicate a scoring error" and I've read that people only marginally do better when they retake. So, I am also wondering if I should even do it.

For reference, I have a 3.9 and graduated with Latin Honors, and other honors.

The top 3 school's I want to get into LSAT medians.
160, 162, 168.

25th percentile.
157, 156, 164

The 164/168 is obviously a dream school. But I am thinking of applying ED, and I am a state resident.

I am debt adverse but honestly also LSAT for a third time adverse.

For fun.
  1. Should I retake?19 votes
    1. Yes, YOU'LL NEVER GET IN ANYWHERE OTHERWISE.
      57.89%
    2. Nah, take your chances. GET THE DEBT and then GET THE COIN.
      42.11%

Comments

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

I say retake, I didn't hit the yes on the poll because I disagree that t you wouldn't get in anywhere, you would. If you're looking for money, that's another situation,I don't know if they would with your score.

• I am FrozenI am Frozen Core Member
    16 karma

It sounds like you have every good reason to retake. I picked "no" because you will definitely get in somewhere, possibly even into one of your dream schools ... you never know. Burnout is tough to, but I think if you felt really confident in a third attempt, you can conquer that as well.

Buena suerte amigo :)