153 LSAT - Need advice! Retake or apply?

Larsa HalaqLarsa Halaq Core Member
in General 12 karma

Hello everyone! I wrote the test in June for the second time and scored 153. When I first started studying for the test, I set my goal to 165. However, after nearly 6+ months of studying I cannot get anything past 155 on timed tests. Of course, I am able to score much higher than 155 on an untimed test, but it's very difficult to almost impossible for me to score higher than this on a timed test. I'm not looking to go to a t14. I'm based in Michigan and want to stay close to home so the two schools I'm looking at are Detroit Mercy and Wayne State. I have a 3.9 GPA and my resume is pretty decent imo. I have a couple of internships and have been working as a legal assistant for the past year. I don't know if I should retake it or if my stats are good and I should apply. Also, LG was the easiest section for me and now that it's gone, the test will definitely be much more difficult for me. Should I apply or should I study for another 6 months or however long it will take for me to reach my target score?
Thank you in advance!

153 LSAT, should I retake?
  1. Retake?74 votes
    1. Yes
      78.38%
    2. No
      21.62%

Comments

• jack.boczarjack.boczar Core Member
    6 karma

Retake. A 160 would put you into serious scholarship range for those schools. I'm also in the area you can DM me if you want to put in some work together.

• darlenemae.1997darlenemae.1997 Core Member
    67 karma

I scored a 152 and also have a legal background, but I am planning to retake in October. I just don't want to spend money on law school.

• Older_LS_Applicant85Older_LS_Applicant85 Core Member
    187 karma

Retake. If you're not an older prospective law school applicant and/or don't have responsibilities that may prevent you from attending altogether, take another 8 months to a year to study, law school isn't going anywhere. The most important thing is that you attend a really good school with $. With a 3.9GPA, all you really need is a 160 to get into most schools outside the T21 and perhaps another 5 months with the help of a tutor can get you to your goal.