Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I improve in LR

ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member

Hey everyone, i'm looking for possible advice on how to improve in LR

I've began 7sage early this year for a month and a half but had to stop due to an intense semester. But I've completed the whole CC for LR in June and I've scored well on the question sets for every question type (not extremely well on the hardest sets tho). However, when I drill LR sections (PTS 36-45) I do not do as well as I've expected to do. Currently I average -14 to -16 per 51 questions. Some problems I experience is 1- I don't understand the stimulus well (even after BR) and 2- I mismanage my time and get stuck on a question for wayyyy too long. Thus, shooting myself in the foot and ruining my chances of getting other questions right as I don't have enough time.

Now I realize that these problems are common and sound easy to overcome as I can skip those questions and focus on the ones that I understand well and can answer easily instead of wasting time. However, I want to improve drastically on this section because it's half the test and it paves a way to a higher score.

My current line of thinking is that I should focus on getting 22 questions correct (hopefully) and I should skip three to four, which would my decrease my wrong answers to 6-8. I know this is easier said than done but I've found BR to be helpful and can see myself achieving that in the following weeks.

Having said that I'd like to hear what y'all have done to improve your score in this section and what you think about my current line of thinking. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Also, if there are helpful discussion forums out there that you found helpful please link it.

Thank you