Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Question?

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 1417 karma

I plan to submit a diversity statement and LSAT addendum.

Should we submit a short adversity addendum like around a page as well?

In my short adversity addendum, I briefly listed examples of inequities and microaggressions experienced during my pre-collegiate education that have furthered my resilience and determination towards advocacy.

However, I have briefly noted some experiences of linguistic and social barriers in my personal statement and believe the experiences overlap with my short adversity addendum?

Thanks for your time and help.

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Speaking as a former admissions officer, it seems like the material in your adversity addendum could be folded into either your personal statement (given your description of your topic) or diversity statement (which is where matters such as these typically appear). Addenda are usually reserved for explanations about character and fitness issues (required), LSAT performance, GPA performance, or gaps in employment (all optional). I would encourage you to not repeat yourself in application materials and instead use every sentence to share something new and valuable about your candidacy. Good luck!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you very much @"Selene Steelman"