Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got Ultimate, how should I begin?

letsgo1stletsgo1st Alum Member
edited July 2021 in General 121 karma

I got a 155 on my diagnostic in Khan Academy and was going to start out with a PT at 7sage so I could study according to the analytics. The resources I have right now are Khan Academy and 7sage (Ultimate subscription + LSAC Prep Plus).

However I read a few past posts and everyone was saying to go through the curriculum first then start with the PTs, because the PTs are precious. I agree with them and also think it'd be a good idea to go through the comprehensive curriculum because basing off my studies on the errors I had in 1 PT sounds a bit myopic.

Would it be a good plan to go through the entire curriculum, make/do problem sets of parts I found difficult, foolproof certain parts then start with the PTs? For other tests I usually learn the most by full PTing but I understand that resources for the LSAT are limited.

Just curious how everyone else reached their dream scores using 7sage. Thank you.

Comments

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Hi @letsgo1st!

I haven't used Khan, although I've heard really great things about it from some other people. I would recommend getting through as much of the core curriculum as possible, and then heading over to taking practice tests.

There are 90 PTs, and I've heard people going through the route of doing selective work from the CC and jumping straight into the PTs. With so many PTs, and given that you can re-use them, I don't think it's too much of a worry if you work through some PTs and redo them. You'll most likely forget about taking one PT after you've done multiple ones.

All the best!

• letsgo1stletsgo1st Alum Member
    121 karma

@"Glutton for the LSAT" Thank you for your detailed response. I'm not in a hurry or anything (I have a year+ to prepare) so I think I'm going to go with what you recommended: "Getting through as much of the core curriculum as possible, and then heading over to taking practice tests." I want to try and not reuse any PTs because the scores I get would be flawed in a way.

• good sisgood sis Yearly Member
    edited July 2021 11 karma

Hey! I also just bought the unlimited+lsac plan. I'm going in to my undergrad junior year so I have about a year to study as well. Looking forward to what other people are saying under this post, too!

• jsterling2jsterling2 Core Member
    33 karma

I think most people combine 7Sage with other resources as well (not sure which ones though), and only do certain parts of the CC depending on where their weak points are. I'm also pretty new to 7Sage, but I've heard that a lot of people only use this for LG. I think personally I'm just going to do the entire curriculum on here, since I'm also going to be applying in the 2023-2024 cycle so I have a lot of time.