Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

163-4 to 170 by October?

iasdkadfg-1iasdkadfg-1 Member
in General 121 karma

Hello,

so I've been studying for the lsat since January and am currently scoring 163 on average. Since I'm working full time and have been out of college for +5 years, progress has been slow.

At this point, I'm wondering if there is any realistic chance for me to improve my score to 170 by October. In each section, I'm getting :

LG -3~5 / LG -4~5 / RC -6~7

Comments

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    edited August 2021 606 karma

Yes. You have to go -0/-1 on games. Most easy gains can be found there. Do all the games and do the difficult ones again.

RC you can shave 2 or 3 points off

LR seems ok, it can be a tough section. Try to improve a bit there too. Shave off a point or two.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

I'm in a similar situation to you. tlTo tame your RC, focus on doing single passages and not whole sets. Do it timed just to practice the timed conditions, but blind review the passage. When you're checking just make sure you have a clear reason for why you chose the answer you did (i.e. "because line x said this," "because the author's use of 'obviously' suggests this tone" etc.)

I used to be a solid -8~-10 but in the last month have gotten a couple -3. I haven't taken a full timed PT in a few weeks, but drilling RC seems to have helped tremendously and will hopefully translate whenever i get around to PTing again

• ishaw18ishaw18 Member
    112 karma

I agree with Tahurrrr, working through reading sections and getting in the practice is the best bet at improving there. It can absolutely be done. Really try to focus on fully comprehending the passage, as this may take longer to read it, you will work through the questions more quickly and most importantly, accurately. As with every section, the blind review process is tremendously helpful and should never be overlooked. That process is where you will build your fundamentals, which under a timed environment are key to your success.