Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

163 to 173 in 4 months!

hsy271hsy271 Member
edited June 2020 in June 2020 LSAT 64 karma

Scored 163 after completing the LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim, with 7Sage LG videos that were freely available back in February. I realized then I needed a better resource that could help me practice more methodically, and that's when I subscribed to 7Sage. 4 months have past since, and I got my 173 today! Thanks 7Sage

Comments

• simernjitsadhrasimernjitsadhra Alum Member
    10 karma

Congrats! Would you feel comfortable sharing any specifics to your study schedule, how many PTs you took, how you utilized the resources on 7sage etc. I am currently around the 163 range and looking to jump into 170.

• 375 karma

Same here! Would love to hear your tips!

• djahjagadjahjaga Member
    38 karma

Congrats on the score and the progress. Can you let us know what you were scoring on sections before 7Sage? Did you make most of your games on LG?

• hsy271hsy271 Member
    edited July 2020 64 karma

Thank you guys! Apologies for the late response, but here goes. I have a full-time job, so I was only able to study 3 to 4 hours a day on weekdays, and 4 to 6 hours on weekend days, with at least a day off each week.

Since a lot of concepts covered by the 7Sage lessons overlapped what was covered by the LSAT Trainer, I didn't pay too much attention to them, but I did watch all of them at 1.4x picking up a few tips here and there that the LSAT Trainer didn't mention. Especially the flash cards, I tried to re-review them twice a month.

However, the videos I found by far the most helpful were the Live Commentary videos. I learned from those videos that with the right test-taking strategy (mostly flagging and skipping difficult questions early on), I can still have 8~10 minutes at the end to circle back to a handful of the most difficult questions on each section.

During the 4 months span I took 21 PT's. The first half I took were in the 30's and 40's but if I were to do it again, I would focus on the more recent ones. I found the 70's and 80's more difficult and slightly different than the earlier ones (especially LG). They were timed but not in the strictest sense, I took a few extra minutes if I ran out of time. What I really focused on instead was to make sure that I get to read through all questions/arguments and to familiarize myself with the few patterns of flaws that LSAC uses all the time. Once I got to the point of being able to instantly recognize/anticipate the flaw in each argument, both timing and score improved eventually.

Before 7Sage, I was scoring anywhere between -3~-8 on LR, -2~-7 on RC, and -0~-3 on LG. I don't think my LG improved at all if not regressed with the more recent PT's, but my LR and RC definitely improved a lot.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

@hsy271 Congrats!

• hsy271hsy271 Member
    64 karma

Thank you JY!