Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent PT Scores Dropping

mulhoalimulhoali Core Member
in General 8 karma

I took the November 2020 LSAT and scored a 160. Since then I've gone through the 7sage CC for LR and LG. I've taken 3 practice tests in the last week and my scores keep dropping (i.e. 166-->163-->162). Should I slow down on the practice tests? The toughest section for me by far is LG (-8 average) and my best section is LR followed by RC. I will most likely take the October 2021 LSAT and am aiming for a 172. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• csharm002csharm002 Member
    352 karma

I would definitely slow down. Personally, I only take a max of one PT a week. I BR the PT, then I deep review it. I drill my weakness, sometimes have a tutoring session, and have to leave time for my day off. If you take three PTs a week without taking time to address some weaknesses and expecting a score change, it may not be the best way to go about things (something about that saying where you do something over and over again and expect a different result). You sound like you’re in a really great place average score wise, but I would definitely slow down to avoid burnout (which we’re seeing here) and nonproductive studying. plus, LG is the easiest to make large gains on, but you must do it in drilling, not PTs. try one-two sections of LG per day and BRing them. that’s how I eventually got from -8 to -1/-0! good luck!

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

^ that :)