Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to explain high variation in practice test scores

daltoniandaltonian Member
edited August 2021 in General 12 karma

Within the last week, I've taken ten practice tests. Three of them were in the high 150s, two in the low 160s, three in the high 160s, and two in the 170s. I do not understand why my test scores are varying so wildly; maybe it is a time of day or confidence thing? My average across all the tests on each of the three sections is around -5 for LG/RC and -4 for LG, so it's not that one of my sections is particularly weaker than the others.

I'm taking the test on Tuesday and it's really psyching me out that I could end up scoring 157 or I could end up scoring 173. Did anyone else experience something similar? What do you think could be the biggest reasons for it?

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

How you're feeling is a huge factor in how you test. Are you testing when you feel great as well as when you're dead tired? Your physical condition could be a huge factor.

Another possibility is timing. Are you taking these PTs around the same time of day that you'll be testing?

Also, if you've taken 10 PTs in the lead up to the test, overwork or stress could be a factor in those scores.