Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the 7sage admissions consulting package the right option?

Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
edited August 2021 in Law School Admissions 2249 karma

I've been out of school for a few years but my resume is...supbar to say the least and I haven't had it properly looked at in years aside from the occasional employer. I just don't have anything remarkable to put down regarding my college years and none of my jobs were in the field of law. I also don't plan on applying to more than 6-7 schools (all T-14) so would the full-on admissions consulting be worth it in my case? It's horrifically expensive and I didn't foresee such a cost. I understand that securing scholarships can amount to getting tens of thousands of dollars but there's obviously no guarantee and if you don't have this kind of money, it won't appear just because you've got the need. Before I even attempt to shell out this amount of cash, I want to know if there are other options. All I know for certain is that I won't be able to do all this alone. I've shown my personal statements to my professors before (4 in total) and aside from correcting negligible grammatical mistakes, they've left them pretty much intact and so I'm left feeling lost because I know for certain that they were not even close to being ready. And even worse, I've made a significant change in why I want to pursue law and so all those old personal statements (or what was left of them) are rendered null and void.

I still haven't even taken the LSAT exam yet, but I'm really feeling the heat given how close the Fall 2022 admissions cycle is to beginning. I'm at a loss as to how to even approach fixing my resume, let alone the "optional" diversity statement.