Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help... October LSAT

one day at a timeone day at a time Core Member
in General 12 karma

Hi everyone! I am taking my second LSAT here in October and have been consistently scoring around the mid to upper 150s. My goal score is a 161-163. I am desperately trying to improve and have ample time to do so, but need some advice. Any thoughts or advice to help improve my score let me know- please!! Also would be happy to provide any of my metrics for each section.

Comments

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

What is your section breakdown?

• one day at a timeone day at a time Core Member
    edited August 2021 12 karma

LR is my best with typically -5 to -7. LG and RC are pretty equivalent, w/ -8 to -10 on these @CSieck3507

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    edited August 2021 628 karma

Given the time constraint, I say focus on improving in LG, which is arguably the easiest to improve in. I wasn't great at it at first and got my LG section down to -0 to -2 just by doing 7sage's fool proof method and practicing the hell out of them. I memorized the inferences and did pretty much every recent LG. You can definitely get to your goal score on just doing this alone.

As for RC/LR, it's hard to give more advice without knowing your current studying schedule and strategies. If you could share more on how you've been studying until now, we can provide more specific advice.

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

I would suggest focusing on LG. Those are always the easiest points to pick up. I know this is the normal response but it is the TRUTH. If you can get those points in LG, your score will increase.

• 41 karma

I just wrote the August test and am writing in October too. I have just a slightly different breakdown of my section scores. I have gotten LG down to -1 to -3 consistently, but LR is -6 to -9 and RC varies from -8 to -12. Does someone have suggestions on how to improve LR and RC in a month? I am starting school full time in a week as well, and will be dedicating around 16 hours a week to studying. Apart from this week which would be closer to 36 hours. @CSieck3507 @lizzogonzo

edited August 2021 628 karma

@2ndTimeSuccess What's your current LR and RC strategy? That helps give me some context to identify what specific things you're struggling with.

Though typically with RC the advice that's helped me improve to around -3 to -5 (for context, this is my worst section) is active reading the passage more carefully. I spend like 4 to 5 minutes on the passage and I get through most of the questions much faster. By active reading I mean I am constantly asking myself what the author's purpose is, and how every sentence relates to that purpose. It's like Logic Games: if you do the work with the passage up front you can get through the questions faster. I am also always an advocate for process of elimination method, esp for LR and RC. The Trainer was a great supplement for hammering in this skill, but not sure if you have time to adequately study it with the Oct exam coming up. Hope this helps.

• ColeParkerColeParker Member
    14 karma

@lizzogonzo what is The Trainer?

628 karma

@ColeParker it's the LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim.

• ColeParkerColeParker Member
    14 karma

@lizzogonzo said:
    @ColeParker it's the LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim.

that's what i thought. what specific chapters are you referring to?

628 karma

@ColeParker I only focused on the LR chapters.