Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What PTs are reflective of your ability

yeasm22syeasm22s Member
edited August 2021 in General 217 karma

Hi! If you're scoring in the 170s in PTs in the 40s through 60s but your score drops to mid to higher 160s in the 70s and 80s would the latter be more reflective of your potential score for the real lsat? If you experienced a score slump in the more recent PTs which sections were you getting most wrong in? and what did you do to improve? Is it useful to practice with earlier PTs if the recent lsats are modeled more on 70s and 80s?

Comments

• M4231illieM4231illie Member
    22 karma

Hi yeasm22ss, I was told that the latest 25 prep tests are the best for practicing full length exams. 40-60 PT are good for drilling and for building the foundation.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Short answer: the newer tests are more similar to the current LSAT. The language in LR becomes a bit more subtle as of 84-ish on. The games are also a bit different, with more focus on grouping and multi-layer sequencing. It is useful to learn the basics on the earlier tests, but yeah, especially if you are PTing in the 170s, you'll need more exposure to the newer tests. I think that's the only thing that really helps, seeing more of the questions (sorry, I know that's a frustrating answer).