Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Testing accommodations for anxiety

torresjuan0035torresjuan0035 Core Member
in General 22 karma

Hello everyone,

I recently took the Nov 2021 LSAT and had a severe panic attack in the very first. It was so bad I asked the test proctor if I could forgo the whole test, she told me to take a moment and resume when I was ready. So I basically sat there for 30 minutes trying to compose myself. After that everything is just foggy. I was able to get through the test but ended up scoring 10-15 points below my PT's. I have never seen any type of mental health doctor, but I'm seriously considering it after that episode. If anyone has any advice one who should I see or what steps i should take feel free to reply or message me.Thank you guys!

Comments

• hjhahn329hjhahn329 Member
    15 karma

Hey! A psychiatrist is your best option :) they're the ones that prescribe you the medication and can explain in detail why you need those meds and, therefore, more than the allotted time! I did this and got the time that was necessary for me. Hope this helps!

• bbbiqbalbbbiqbal Core Member
    26 karma

Hi! That happens to me as well! I struggle to get through the practice tests because of my anxiety and fear of not getting to the score I want. Consulting with your doctor and a psychologist is your best bet. They really help you develop adequate coping mechanisms as well as provide medication. I think you can request for accommodations once you've gotten a diagnosis from a doctor as well - not really sure about how that process works though! Hope this helps :smiley: