PT2.S2.Q22 - Despite improvements in treatment of asthma

leoxnardxleoxnardx Member
edited September 2021 in Logical Reasoning 82 karma

Very interesting question. Chose C like a moron cuz I was thinking hmmm how would irritation in the lungs and pollen has anything to do with death? No way people die to pollen allergy?

AC A is the correct one. The fact that population increased does not mean anything to the argument. I can't even identify the trap here and my theories are that first, it is trying to trick the taker by hinting at that the death rate rose was just due to the population increase instead of the inhaler. But death rate has already taken into account of total population, so if death rate rose, the total urban population doesn't matter: it simply means that the percentage of ppl within a given population dying to asthma has increased. My second theory is that the test writers want to make test takers mistaken "population" as "pollution," but idk.

AC B is a direct reference to the part where the question stem mentions that the ability to count asthma patients has not improved. AC B bolsters that part of the argument, making it more likely that there is something else other than the increased accuracy of data collection.

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question"