Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I tell the difference with MBT and CBT in logic games?

Legallyblack-2Legallyblack-2 Live Member

I know this question may sound confusing but Im having trouble with knowing the difference with cbt vs mbt questions. When ever I do a could be true question I have a hard time finding my answer because I would mix it up MBT answers and the same for MBT answers I mix them with CBT answers. How can I improve on this to increase my score?

Comments

• jaydee25jaydee25 Member
    28 karma

I had the same trouble as you at first. Try this approach:
    Before you start the game, draft out a few graph possibilities and plug in the various possibilities that come to mind of how the letters can be organized based on the rules they give you.
    When you come across a CBT question, look back at the already-made graphs from the beginning. If you don't see the letters plugged in at numbers/sequences of your graphs, create a new one and go down the answer choices and plug in the letters in the order that each answer choice tells you. If plugging in doesn't affect the rules, it's the right answer. If it does, it's the wrong answer.
    When you come across a MBT question, again look back at the already-made graphs from the beginning. Your goal is to try to prove each answer choice wrong. For instance, if a game has A, B, C, D and the MBT question asks, "if A is first, what must be true?" Let's say the choices you're given are that B is second, C is third, D is fourth, B is fourth, C is second. Go down each answer choice and plug them into graphs, but avoid putting B in second; try putting it in third instead--does this break a rule or make it difficult to plug in the others? Then that's the right answer choice, because it means that no matter what happens, B must always be second, otherwise the rest of the set-up will be affected and break rules. Then, do the same for the other answer choices: avoid putting C in third; try putting it as fourth--does this break a rule or make it difficult to plug in the others? Then that's the right answer choice, because it means that no matter what happens, C must always be third, otherwise the rest of the set-up will be affected and break rules.
    The main difference between CBT and MBT is that MBT will not allow you any other option than to have that letter in that particular sequence/number that it's at. No matter what else happens to the other letters, that letter will ALWAYS be in that spot. It's a trick that I noticed as I was picking this up at first--look for the letter that never moves from the same spot.

I hope this helps. Now, onward for me to figure out how to get more than 50% of RC correct...