October LSAT - Practice with the FLEX or regular on 7Sage

ArmyFLEP2022ArmyFLEP2022 Core Member
in General 11 karma

Basically what do you think is more determinative of ones expected score on the LSAT in October. More specifically, Since the October LSAT is 4 sections (1 Each of AR, LR, RC - with 1 test section) - Would it be more indicative to take the FLEX practice exams or take the regular Practice exams with 2 LR sections? My thought process is that if you are especially bad at LR - then only taking 1 would probably help your score. Therefore, practicing with the FLEX would probably give you a more accurate score rather than a 4th graded section.

I understand you still have the 4th section even if it is a test section so as far as getting tired and numb to questions as you go along would impact your score on the actual test etc. Suppose a perfect world where the first three sections on test day are the graded sections and 1LR, 1AR, 1RC - this would potentially be your highest possible score.

So recommendation's?

Comments

• Jerry GarciaJerry Garcia Member
    34 karma

From an endurance perspective, it's well worth taking a 4 section test. I studied for both the FLEX and the 4 section format, and think the 3 section sprint versus the 2 section/break/2 section feel very different, the latter being more taxing.

Odds are for the duplicate section, your performance will be consistent if the tests are from around the same time. It's not ideal to have your 2nd LR section be from the 40s, and the rest of the test be in the 80s. If there is variance however, be sure to investigate the potential source of it. I like to calculate my score with the individual results from the duplicate section, which represents a worst/best case scenario and gives a range as to what your score could've been.

Hope this helps.