Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!! Need some advice for October test taker

kshinohara846kshinohara846 Member
in General 21 karma

Hi ya'll, I have been studying LSAT for about a year. I have taken the exam three times. I started off with 132, and brought score up to 143 on the second LSAT and got the same score on third one. I have used many different kinds of sites to study. Over summer, I brought score up to 151 on practice test. However, now it is down to around 145. My original goal was 160+, but it is less than in a couple of weeks till I take LSAT again ( I am not planning on retaking it again), and I do not see how I will be able to bring almost 10 points up in that short term.

Logical game is my strength, I get 0 to 5 questions wrong, so I am not focusing on logical game. I get around half questions right for logical reasoning ( I could get more than half right when I was scoring around 151 on practice exam, but now it is down to around or less than half). Reading Comprehension is terrible. I am trying to see if I can bring logical reasoning to the same level as logical game.

I have been just taking practice test and reviewing on the next day. If ya'll have any advice or studying tips or any kind of recommendations, please let me know!! I would much appreciate it!!

Comments

• Ajahna94Ajahna94 Member
    223 karma

I am in the same boat as you!! Wow I am also looking for advice on this! Girl, you are not alone. I am still not scoring where I need to before the test, but I am believing Jesus that this will be my last time taking it. Good luck to you!

• calderon.geraldinecalderon.geraldine Core Member
    48 karma

For easy points, I wouldn't dismiss LG as quickly, even though it is your strongest section. At the end of the day, missing 5 points in LG is equivalent to missing 5 points in LR in the sense that it doesn't matter where you miss those points, they all get tabulated into the same score. If you can really crack down on your LG, even if it's as simple as doing a LG section in the morning and an LG section at night to practice, you can easily bring your score up if you consistently get it to 0/-1.

As for Logical Reasoning, what are you struggling with exactly? Timing? Specific question types? Are you rushing to finish all the questions rather than spending time accordingly to a fewer number of questions but getting more right? The more information you provide the better I might be able to help!

In terms of study tips, I noticed improvement in LR the more that I practiced it and had it as the focus of the study day. I would do an LR section, and for every kind of question type I'd get wrong (i.e. I got 2 Weaken questions wrong), I would make a problem set with double the amount of Weaken questions I got wrong (and same with all the other question types I got wrong, though I'd keep it to 25 questions max per proble sete) so I can really practice the question types I was struggling with. Other than that, consistently doing this method/taking frequent LR sections, I've noticed my score go from -5 consistently to 0 to -3 per section, as I became quicker at noticing the patterns in the questions/which answers were obviously wrong that I can immeditely discard.

• BlueRiceCakeBlueRiceCake Member
    302 karma

If I was in your position I'd start doing as much LSATs as I can before the exam and spend the day before the exam chilling and not doing anything stressful and meditating