Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing

Got an email about the LSAT writing sample and was a bit confused so I hope someone can help. They repeatedly say the writing sample will be available to complete 8 days before testing day, so Oct 1. But HOW LONG is it available to complete after testing day?

I'm definitely not wasting precious time and energy on the writing sample before test day, but will be much less stressed after, so was hoping to complete it in the week after testing. But nowhere does it say how long you can do this! Anyone have any idea for me?

Thanks!

Comments

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

Not sure, but I would recommend taking it before the test - it would be a good break from studying and also prevents from having a delayed score, in case you want to do it again.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

I could be mistaken but I think it stays open, you just don't see your score before having a writing sample on file. For reference, I took mine two weeks after the final test date administered so I think its safe to say you could take it in the week after testing :smile:

• chrishayward6chrishayward6 Member
    4 karma

I did mine a week after and got my score on time

• elizabethh777elizabethh777 Member
    48 karma

The writing sample doesn't close I believe- you just need to have it processed in time for the score release date if you want to see your score that specific day. I took mine a week after the test and it was processed in time. Even if it isn't processed in time though your score will simply be on hold and then immediately released as soon as your writing sample is processed and on file.

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

Thank you all!

• funtobeemilyfuntobeemily Core Member
    82 karma

I took my writing sample about 3.5 weeks after I took my test and I still got my score on time. It never expires, but you have to take it if you want your LSAT score back.